My Storybook Favorites

This storybook caught my eye because as a child the Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie. My mom said she had to buy extra VHS tapes to keep at my family members houses because I refused to watch anything else. The introduction to this story kept my attention because while I knew the story it's
  based on, it took a different turn when "Crowder" started talking about his college experience. I haven't read the full story yet but I think it is really cool that the story is going to be told from each characters point of view. I LOVE the images that are used, I enjoy simplistic things and the images are just that. Simple and to the point. The storybook was also easy to navigate and the design is something I am going to keep in mind for when I start my project. 

The title of this storybook intrigued me because for whatever reason, I enjoy sappy sad things. Music, books, shows, whatever, if it's sad and sappy I am all for it. When I began reading the introduction I immediately knew I would enjoy this story. I am not sure what the origin story of this storybook is but I am hoping to figure it out. The introduction did a very good job of telling me what this storybook was about without giving up too much information. The design to me is okay, it didn't really follow a pattern but it was still very easy to navigate. 

Before I read the introduction I knew I was probably going to enjoy this storybook because 1. I love all things supernatural and 2. I've only been at OU since fall 2018 but I have always heard the stories of the university being haunted in some areas. I enjoyed the first person point of view and journal like entries that the storybook had. I think to tell this kind of story, it is important to have first person perspective because then you feel like you were there too. The interactive part of this story is a very nice touch too. I like the design and how everything was 'dark,' it really kept the theme going.


Picture from: "Friends of Oz" Storybook.

Comments