Tech Tip: Browser Tune-Up

For the browser tune-up I went and checked to see if I had turned on the spell checker, downloaded a word counter, and checked my bookmarks.

What I learned was I had already done all these things. What I also learned is that I didn't know how to access the word counter. I remember downloading the extension but I have been using some random one I found on google. I figured out that in my Chrome browser it is just to the right of the address bar. So now I know how to access that. 

I have been keeping up with my bookmarks for this class which has been extremely helpful. I am not one to bookmark things often. I am not sure why, I just have never used this feature often. But this class has made me understand how helpful bookmarks can be. 

A tech tip I have that I just discovered around a year ago is the "command+f" option (for Mac). I believe on other computers it is "control+f." With this, you can just type a word in the box that pops up and it'll take you down the page to where that word is. It is super helpful if you have online textbooks. I am pretty sure everyone knew about this besides me, but just in case... there is my tip!

Comments