Week 2 Reading Overview



Semester Tentative Reading Plan


Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: _____Cupid and Psyche____

Week 4: _____Jewish Fairy Tales____

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: _____Tales of a Parrot____

Week 6: ______Folktales of Bengal___

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: _____West African Folktales____

Week 9: ____Chinese Fairytales_____

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: _____California and The Old Southwest____

Week 11: _____American Indian Fairy Tales____

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: _____Nursery Rhymes____

Week 13: _____Canterbury Tales____

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: ____Russian Folktale_____

Week 15: _____Hans Christian Andersen____




While going through the various readings, there was a common theme that would catch my eye when deciding which reading unit to go with. Anything that had to do with ghosts, demons, or anything "scary," I was all for. Many of the units I chose have some story in there about ghosts, demons, vampires, etc. Another theme I feel like I followed was any kind of love story, I'm a sucker for a love story. I am excited for the Hans Christian Andersen unit where I can hear the long un-Disney version of the Little Mermaid. I chose this photo because it came straight from the Hans Christian Andersen unit and I also thought it was cool because it is a real statue of the "Little Mermaid."

                                                           Copenhagen- Little Mermaid
                                                                          

Comments