Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback in- I think that the feedback I have been getting is good. I think that the comments that I find most useful are the ones that I don't agree with. I have learned to go review what that person said and re-read my own story/blog post with that in mind. Sometimes while I initially didn't agree, I can see why they gave me that particular feedback. The feedback articles we read in the beginning of the semester have been helpful for me when reading over feedback that I have been getting.

Feedback out- I enjoy leaving comments on the blog post over project feedback because I don't feel as pressured. It is hard giving constructive feedback, harder than I thought it would be. But I am getting better and the WWW strategy has been the most helpful for me when I am doing project feedback. I am getting a lot of ideas when I read other people's blogs/projects, I think it is so interesting how there are so many different ways to tell a story.

Blog commenting- I love the blog commenting. I like reading people's microfictions, introductions, and other more personal blogs the most. Sometimes when I am reading a random project or story, I can pick up on which person's blog I am reading before reading the name. That is so cool to me. It's like i'm getting to know people in a different way such as recognizing their writing style.

Looking forward- I think that I need to get over the feeling of feeling like I am really going to hurt someone's feelings when I am doing project feedback. I know for some receiving feedback is easy and for others it is more difficult, I just don't know who those people are. This makes me hold back some when I want to give feedback that I think can be helpful. I think that our projects are personal and they take a lot of time, creativity, and effort so the thought of giving feedback that the person may be upset about holds me back some.


This is the infographic that resonated with me the most. In social work, we take a class over motivational interviewing. The most important part of interviewing is listening!! This was such a mind blowing concept to me because I have always thought the interviewer is usually the one talking. In motivational interviewing the interviewer hardly talks. This is important particularly when receiving feedback. When someone is giving constructive feedback to you, it is easy to get defensive right away. If you can stop, really listen, and then reflect, you can see that 99.9% of the time the feedback is not in any way meant to be hurtful or attack you.

Comments